Sometimes people will get this error. Either the first time they are issuing an eCheck or if they have changed computers or versions of Quickbooks™. It is easy to fix.
- Go to lists and click on chart of accounts.
- Find the account you are writing eChecks from and right click on the account.
- Then click Edit Account.
- There are fields for the Bank Account and Routing Numbers. These numbers have to be exactly the same as the numbers printed on the bottom of the financial institute issued check (and in the DPX system).
- No Dashes, Spaces or Letters.
- No extra zeros.
- Once the numbers are correct, click save and close.
You can now go through the add-on process to issue checks again, by clicking on the red "PX" to issue an eCheck without error. If you are still having problems, contact our friendly support agents.