The beauty of the eCheck Add-on for QuickBooks is you do everything EXACTLY the same as you do currently in QuickBooks™ until it is time to issue the checks.
Note: Check your User Profile--to ensure your API Settings are set correctly before using the QuickBooks Desktop add-on.
- Create the check in QuickBooks™ just the way you always do, but make sure you mark the check “to be printed” or “print later”.
- Once you have your checks ready to go, open the add-on by clicking on the "PX" icon you pinned to your task bar.
- The Quickbooks Desktop Add-on will open and you should see your check listed there.
- Make sure there is an email in the email column if you are emailing the payment.
- If you are emailing and there is no email, you have to go back to QuickBooks™ to add the email to the vendor details for that vendor.
- When everything looks good, select your checks and click “Issue Checks”
- You will get a message telling you how many checks will be issued for the total dollar amount. If it looks correct, click "OK."
- You will then be asked for your username and password for the Deluxe Payment Exchange.
- Once you've entered the correct username and password for your Deluxe Payment Exchange profile, click "Login". You will get a message that your checks were issued.
That’s it! Now you can move on to other parts of your business. The check number from the eCheck system will be updated in your QuickBooks™ checking register.