- If an attachment is sent with the eCheck, it will appear as an attached document in the eCheck lockbox.
- This means that first time payees (check recipients) will not see the attachment if they use the Retrieve as Guest option.
- Instead, the payor (check sender) should notify the payee that they will only be able to download/view/print attachments if they establish a (free) eCheck user account (which automatically comes with a lockbox).
- Remittance data will be delivered as part of the payment as an automatically generated second page of the check PDF.
- Recipients receiving eChecks with remittance data can retrieve the check as a guest if they do not have an eCheck account.
- They can also receive it in their eCheck lockbox if they have an eChecks user account created.