- Attachments can be added to the eCheck through QuickBooks Online anytime before the eCheck is sent.
- Attachments can be added to a bill or check by clicking the paperclip at the bottom left corner next to “Attachments”.
Adding attachments is not the same thing as including remittance data. See also: What is the difference between sending attachments and remittance data?
Notes for adding attachments:
- If an attachment file is added after the check was sent, the attachment will not be delivered to the payee.
- File size restrictions; attachments cannot be under 4KB nor larger than 25 MB. The types of files that can be used for attachments are as follows: jpg, jpeg, png, pdf, tiff, tif, eps, svg, csv, txt, x12-835.
Notes for receiving attachments
- For security purposes, check recipients must have a FREE eChecks Lockbox to access/view attachments. If the recipient does not have a Free eChecks Lockbox Account, the email with the check will prompt the recipient to create an account. This does not restrict their ability to receive/process the check payment per the screenshot below).