The expectation is that eChecks created in QuickBooks Online will be picked up and created/sent by the eChecks Add-on within an hour (often this happens much quicker). There are two reasons this may not be happening.
If the eCheck is not sending from QuickBooks, make sure that the check fits all the following criteria:
- The vendor has an email address in their vendor record. If there is no vendor email, the eCheck cannot be delivered (although it will still be created). For more information on what happens in this situation, see: What happens if my QuickBooks Online vendor record doesn't have an email?
- “Print Later” box is selected in the check creation screen.
- The bank account chosen for the payment is associated with eChecks.
- The check amount is greater than $0.
- The date of the check is today. Note: if a check in QuickBooks Online is created for a future date, an eCheck will not be created until that date. Until that time, it remains in the QuickBooks Online Print Later queue.
- The check is not a duplicate check. If the check is a duplicate check, you may want to remove it from your print queue. Refer to: How do I clear checks from my QuickBooks Online print queue?
If all the criteria above have been met and you experience a delay of longer than one hour, it may be the result of QuickBooks downtime. To validate whether this is the case, follow the steps below:
1. Go to https://status.developer.intuit.com/ and look under “QuickBooks Online API” to see if there is an outage reported for that specific day.
a. If an outage has been reported, please note that the check will automatically send after the QuickBooks Online outage has been resolved.
b. If there has been no outage reported, please contact eCheck support at 888-631-8962 for further assistance.