There are a couple of scenarios that result in a check showing up in the print checks queue. Depending on the reason its there, you may want to remove it.
Reasons checks are in the QuickBooks Online print queue
- The check was duplicated (this can happen when you attempt to send eChecks and have errors – and then create a new payment instead of correcting the original check).
- The check was created before the integration between eChecks and QuickBooks Online was set up. This is ok, if it was an intentional use of the "Print Later" option where you are intending to print that check later on check stock. However, as a best practice, consider setting up a sub-account.
What do if you want/need to remove a check from the print queue?
If you have created duplicate checks on accident (in which case you would have checks in the print que that have already been sent as an eCheck) follow the steps below to clear out these checks from the print checks que:
- Click on the “+” Icon in the black bar at the top in QuickBooks Online
2. Select “Print Checks”
3. On the Print Checks screen, select all the checks you want to clear.
- NOTE: Selecting the box to the left of “Date” will select all the checks at once.
4. When all the checks are selected, click on “Remove from list” and then select “Yes” on the following screen. This will remove all the desired checks from the print queue.