Since an eCheck is just a digital payment, you can treat it like any other check, with some exceptions. We'll go over the places and ways you may, or may not, deposit an eCheck.
Note: If you plan to cash or deposit the check with a teller, or at a check cashing service, we highly recommend that you do not detach the eCheck from the stub below.
Places available to cash or deposit an eCheck
Let's go over how you can cash or deposit your eCheck:
- Use the Deposit Services now available for your eChecks.
- Your bank may assist you in depositing the eCheck using:
- Remote Deposit, or taking a picture of the eCheck through your banks mobile app.
- Deposits made at an ATM utilizing OCR technology.
- Inside the branch with a teller.
- The bank listed on the eCheck (the payor's bank) may negotiate the eCheck.
- The bank name can be found just above the 'Memo' line.
- At a local check cashing or pay-day advance location.
Should your place of deposit have questions, please refer them to the phone number on the attached stub below your eCheck, or 877-333-6964 and have them choose option 1.
Places that might not cash or deposit an eCheck
Since our technology is newer, some places haven't caught up to the times, and you may experience difficulty at the following places:
- Any bank ATM reading only magnetic ink to process deposits.
- Anyone that use third-party check cashing services, such as Wal-Mart, grocery stores, and some liquor stores.
If you need assistance finding a potentially suitable location to cash your eCheck, you may chat with us or call us at 877-333-6964.
Disclaimer: Deluxe is not affiliated with any bank or check cashing service, and cannot guarantee that the location we suggest will cash your eCheck.