Mobile deposit is a service offered by many financial institutions where you can capture an image of an eligible check and have the funds added to your account without ever visiting a branch location or an ATM. It also works great with DPX eChecks! You should always follow the instructions presented by your financial institution's mobile app, but we also have a few best practices to help you complete a mobile deposit with your DPX eCheck.
- Lighting is important: when you're capturing an image of your check, make sure the image is not too dark or too light.
- Provide some contrast by capturing the image of your check against a dark, solid background.
- Remember, your mobile deposit app is looking for certain pieces of information. Make sure the print quality of your check is good.
- The name, dollar amount, and signature should be clearly printed.
- The numbers at the bottom of your check should be crisp and legible. If they are missing or printed incorrectly you will need to take additional steps.
- The back of your check will be blank, but you will still need to endorse it. Sign the back of your check where you normally would. We also recommend drawing a line under your signature.
- Devices and printers handle margins differently; if there is a lot of blank white space between the banking numbers at the bottom of your check and the edge of the page, we recommend trimming that area down so the edge is closer to the numbers.
It's also important that you check with your financial institution's guidelines or customer service resources to make sure you are processing your mobile deposits correctly.