Before Starting the Add-on installation, be sure to Allow API access to your eCheck account.
API for Direct Integrations, Mobile Checkbook & eChecks Add-ons
This setting can be found by navigating to your User Profile (log in, click the User Name in the upper right-hand corner and then select Profile from the drop-down menu).
Installing the add-on is easy! Before you begin, make sure you are logged into QuickBooks™ as the administrator and as a single user*.
*Note: To check if you are in single user mode, in QuickBooks™, go to the file menu and look to see if it says “switch to Multi User mode." If so, you are in single user mode and ready to start installing the add-on.
- Minimize QuickBooks™ and go to the eChecks website.
- The QuickBooks™ add-on for eChecks can be found under ADDITIONAL RESOURCES> Add-ons > QuickBooks™ Desktop. Click the green download button.
3. Agree to the terms and conditions and click "next"
4. Now, click download and run.
5. Soon you will get a installation box, click "install."
6. You will get a message that says “Connecting to the current company in QuickBooks™. QuickBooks must be running as single-user administrator the very first time to enable security settings to be established. Please also ensure that all QuickBooks dialog boxes are closed.”
We took care of that at the beginning, so click OK.
7. Now your QuickBooks™ icon will be blinking at you. Click on that and you will see an application certificate. On the application certificate, choose “Yes, whenever this QuickBooks™ company file is open”. Then click "continue."
8. QuickBooks™ will verify your choice, then Click “done”
9. To make sure you can always find the Add-on, Pin the add-on icon to your task bar by right clicking on the Green "V".
At this point the add-on is installed and you are ready to write eChecks from QuickBooks™!