Protecting customer data, and thus building and retaining trust, is a top priority for the Deluxe Payment Exchange (DPX). Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) is an important verification layer to our DPX security controls.
MFA is the method of granting you access to the DPX platform after you successfully provide two or more authentication factors to verify your identity.
How MFA integrates with DPX
Customers enroll for MFA the first time they log onto the DPX platform. Upon login, the DPX application walks them through the MFA setup. Customers can choose from several different MFA options:
- Google Authenticator
- SMS (text) Authentication
- Voice Call Authorization
- Okta Verify
- Time-based One-Time Password provides a code that the user enters into DPX
- Push via the Okta Mobile App
- MFA does not extend to DPX Mobile Checkbook Apps or customers that use the DPX API to send payments.
- Customers will periodically be asked to revalidate their identity via MFA.
If you have questions about the following, contact DPX Product Customer Support:
- New device resets
- MFA resets
- Password resets
- All other MFA related questions