DPX would like to offer our recommendations for how you as a sender can increase the amount of people opening and transacting your eChecks. In this article there are a easy things you can do to increase the retrieval rates of your eChecks.
Payee Introduction Email
One of the most effective steps you can take with eChecks is providing the payee with what we call a Payee Introduction email that will include a brief introduction to eChecks, the steps needed to retrieve the payment, and confirmation the payment is being sent from a trusted partner. We'll tell them everything they need to know to access the check when the payment is sent, but sending a Payee Introduction email can build credibility in a few ways detailed here.
- Alert the payee prior to delivery
- An email from your organization will provide a brief education on their upcoming payment, set the expectation that their payment will be arriving via email, and let them know the next steps to take when their payment arrives.
- Use phrasing that will link their payment to the Deluxe Payment Exchange and generate a call to action
- “We are partnering with DPX,”
- “You will receive your eCheck from DPX in “X” number of days”
DPX Customizable Areas
The DPX platform has several areas to add branding your payee will recognize. At a time when our inboxes are bombarded by ads and promotions, we recommend utilizing these options as a tool to stand out to your payees.
- Maximize the use of customizable areas on the check
- Add your company logo to the delivery email and the check imprint
- Use the memo line to add recognizable information to the payee by line of business
- Insurance providers can add a policy number
- Business owners can provide an invoice number
- Notaries can provide dates of service and job names or numbers
- Attorneys or Settlement claims providers can share the title of the case
- Realtors and Property Managers can include a street address
- Utilize the subject line to your advantage
- The DPX platform will use the first line of your check imprint to alert the customer of the organization that is paying them. This means that the first line on your check should be one that your recipient will recognize.
- Craft a personalized delivery message
- Every delivery email provides steps to retrieve the payment. However, a customized the delivery message can also be included in this delivery email. We encourage you to craft a message with information unique to your organization as a way for the recipient to confirm who is sending the payment.